Monday, November 10, 2008

impostors are everywhere

Fish tacos are becoming so popular due to this blog, that impostors are everywhere. My advice is don't even try them. A recent road trip down highway 5 found us at a Jack-in-the-Box/Shell gas station combo joint. There usually isn't anything good to eat at "jack-in-the-crack", but a new item called a Fish Pita Snack caught my attention. I optimistically thought that it could satisfy my fish taco fetish even at a gas station. Boy was I wrong. It was definitely an un-edible impostor.


380 calories and 19 grams of fat. Nasty.

2 comments:

Karen S said...

Fish Pita Snack? I would have thought that as a fine food critic, you would have had the sense to steer clear of such rubbish. Very brave though.

John Blatter said...

I was not aware of this gem of a blog. I just had fish tacos at "Old Juans" restaurant at Pismo beach. Terrible name, good tacos. I also had some at some roadside restaurant in the birthplace of fish tacos, Ensenada, Mex earlier this year and they were muy sabroasa. Sorry, no pic again, maybe I should buy a digital camera.