Saturday, May 10, 2008

Living the Dream


I have always dreamed of being a food critic, so working for Fish Taco Magazine is absolutely a dream come true. I was on assignment at Chevy's tonight. I guess corporate thought that it was time to go after one of the big chains to see what kind of fish taco they can produce.

I have to say, it was a decent meal. As all of my readers know, I am anti-chain restaurants and I try to avoid them whenever possible. So, as a self-proclaimed food critic, I have very low expectations when dining at a large chain like Chevy's. I figure it has to be pretty bad food to disappoint if you go in with low expectations. Perhaps that is why I was satisfied with their fish tacos tonight. They weren't special, but when you need to wraps your lips around a fish taco and you can only find a local Chevy's, fear not- your cravings will be satisfied. A few points of interest:
-flour tortillas. They didn't offend me, but the flavor of maze was definitely missing.
-grilled salmon. This was my first fish taco made with salmon. Not bad, but definitely less Mex and more Tex tasting.

My advice: squeeze that lime juice onto the fish and smother in salsa for a more Mexican experience.

No comments: